Smell Delicious With DIY Hot Chocolate Lotion Bars
This DIY project incorporates the sweet smell of hot chocolate with the added benefit of moisturizing properties with lotion to keep your skin soft during harsh cold weather.
As we transition into the colder seasons, everyone is warming up with warm sweet treats like hot chocolate. We create a twist on this classic drink to create a beauty product that will leave you smelling delicious with moisturized skin that is much needed during the colder seasons.
Silicone Mold Of Your Choice (small circles recommended)
Measuring Cups and Spoons
½ tsp. Vitamin E Oil
½ cup (2.4 oz.) Beeswax
50 drops (½ tsp.) Vanilla Essential Oil (not extract)
¼ cup (1.2 oz.) Cocoa Butter
1 tsp. Cocoa Powder
2 tbsp. (0.8 oz.) Almond Oil
1 tbsp. (0.4 oz.) Avocado Oil
1. Using a double boiler, add the cocoa butter and beeswax to slowly melt them together on medium-low heat (better to be slow andlow as it shouldn't boil).
2. Once completely melted, turn off the heat then avocado and almond oils.
3. Mix in cocoa powder until completely combined evenly preferably using a mini whisk.
4. Add the vitamin E and vanilla essential oils, then stir together one final time before preparing to pour into the mold.
5. Pour the mixture evenly among the sections of the silicone mold.
6. Allow the mixture to set in the mold to cool and completely harden.
7. Once the mixture has hardened, gently remove the bars from the silicone mold.
8. Use as desired and if stored properly can be used within 6 months.
This recipe can make several small bars and it's recommended to store in a metal, air-tight tin. You can find small tins online or in-store in the storage container department. If you're looking for specific-sized containers, you can check out the Container Store that offers a variety of sizes at affordable prices. This DIY project can also be made as a great gift for friends and family for the festive holidays.